Monday, April 27, 2009

Homemade GHR and Reverse Hyper

So I've been tinkering with a good makeshift GHR and I think I'm sticking with this idea until we can build one or buy one. It also makes for a good Reverse Hyperextension, Roman Chair Ab Machine and Back Extension.

Glute Ham Raise w/ 26lb Kettlebell

Tools Needed: 1,000 lb tire, 1 Barbell, 2 100 lb plates, 3 exercise mats, 1 velcro strap, strong hamstrings are also useful

Reverse Hyper w/ 20 lb Med Ball held by feet:



Great accessory work in conjunction with heavy dead lifts and heavy squats.

I just bought a trap bar for dead lifts and tried it out today for the first time. I pulled 610 lbs. There's not much more room on the bar for weight, but I'm going to figure out how to tap that thing out and pull it. It's a much easier groove than the barbell, so it'll be a good component for my heavy dead lift program.

Hopefully we'll be in the new warehouse this week. Just some minor details to take care of and we're there. Pics to follow!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice!! at least this way you won't fart in the guy's face behind you holding your legs...LOL!! cool stuff!!

Jason Marshall said...

Depends on who's holding my legs...J/K! This set up works just about the same as the real thing!

Rick Olson said...

Looks like it works! I used my heavy bag and put the bar on the pins in the power rack but I like the tire approach.

Jason Marshall said...

The heavy bag is a great idea! I've got a 70 lber that just sits around, so maybe I'll try that next time!