Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Firing On All Cylinders

Have you ever had one of those days where everything clicked? Everything just felt right? All the planets and moons were in alignment? Your engine was firing on all cylinders? I had one of those days today. I had an excellent, restful night of sleep last night. I woke up refreshed and had a small, but healthy breakfast meal. I was very productive at work (day job) all day and snacked on healthy little meals all day until training. I taught a newbie (great job Emily!) before my late class and was feeling even better. I decided to lower the hammer on the 6:30 class tonight. They're mainly my advanced guys and we experimented with a different warm up and I introduced them to an RKC Grad Workout. I participated with them during the warm up after teaching the progressions and I couldn't believe how prepared I felt for the workout. The main course of the workout was tough and challenging, but not too stressful. A little stretch routine at the end completed an extremely fulfilling session. I ate well right after training and chilled out in front of the tube for an hour or so. Off to bed to see if I can't duplicate this tomorrow!!!

Here's my workout today including warm ups:
Z Health - Neural Warm Up Level 1
Planks - Various Positions - :30 Each - 4x

Demo for newbie - About an hour of core exercises...all very light.

Warm Up w/ Advanced Class - Various Partner Active Straight Leg Raise Exercises

Continued Warm Up Circuit - 3x
Single Leg Dead Lift - 40kg - 3/3
Turkish Get Up - 24kg - 1/1

Strength Circuit - 5x
Front Squat - 28kg - 3
Row - 28kg - 3/3

Finisher - RKC Grad Workout - 20 Sets
Walking See Saw Press - Double 24kg - :20
2-Hand Swings - 24kg - :20


BTW: The guys did awesome in this one! It was extremely demanding and I'm sure they're looking forward to the next one!




No comments: