Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ripped A Workout And Some Crazy Stuff

I totally ripped off of Brett Jones today. I read his blog and his workout on Sept 1 set off that tuning fork inside and I decided to pass on the glory of simplicity training. A couple tweaks here and there, but a very nice workout. Thanks Brett!

Last two training days...

Friday, August 29, 2008

Worked Out with the BJJ guys both days.

Corrective Work:
Wall Sit w/ OH Press
Rolling
ASLR
Corrective Get Up
Planks
Suitcase Carry

SLDL 3x10/10

Superset:
H2H Swings 10x20 - 24kg
Sledge Hammer Tire Slams 10x5/5 - 10lb Sledge

Superset:
Guard Press in 3 Bridge Positions 3x10/10 - Double 24kg
Armadillo Sit Ups 3x5

Monday, September 2, 2008

Corrective Work

Brett Jones' RKC Prep Workout

All Done 2X
2 arm Swing x 20 - 48kg
Get-up x 5/5 - 24kg
One arm Swing x 10/10 - 32kg
MP x 6/6 (Changed this to Cleans 6/6) - 32kg
Alternating Swing x 20 - 32kg
Clean and Front Squat x 6/6 - Double 32kg
2 arm Swing x 20 - 48kg
Snatch x 10/10 (Changed this to Cleans 10/10) - 32kg
Alternating Swing x 20 - 32kg

The weights are what I used, not necessarily all classes, and it smoked my butt!

Then....some crazy stuff ensued after classes while I was teaching a little plyo circuit to my little brother (basketball player). I got on the hurdles he was jumping which are just some PVC pipes about 18 inches tall and started doing some L-sits into hand stands (probably 5). Then I went to my power rack and tried the Human Flag - maybe 2 seconds. I've got a client that can do this at will (former gymnast). And then I tried out the new rings for my first Muscle Ups. I got 3 and tried the Iron Cross - totally crapped out on this. I have a new and complete appreciation and admiration for gymnasts. Holy crap!

2 comments:

Gabi said...

OMG, I have to start with that prep workout myself, too... I'm going to assist at the Budapest cert and that is in just 4 weeks... Thanks for reminding!

Great job on those gymnastic feats! I don't even think of trying such stuff, and in secret I'm convinced gravity works differently on those folks :)

Jason Marshall said...

Yeah, the prep work is doing wonders. It's taking some time, but the effects are really starting to show. Also, the slight tweak in programming by taking a break from overhead stuff is helping me out. It may not benefit me at the TSC because I haven't practiced snatching that much, but I've been swinging and cleaning plenty.

The gymnastics stuff was goofing around. My former gymnast client gets me fired up to try some of this stuff, so my adrenaline gets the better of me and I have to try it. I agree gymnasts are a different breed!!!